On Air Holiday Music Kerry Gascoyne | 6:30pm - 8:15pm

Electrical warning after fire

Householders are being reminded to make sure cookers, toasters and grills are kept clean.

It's after fire services were called to an incident in Lakeside Road in Douglas this morning (Tuesday) after reports of smoke coming from a cooker.

On arrival they discovered a small fire had burnt itself out within the cooker and the smoke had been coming from residue fat on an unattended grill.

Crews remained at the scene for around 20 minutes to ensure the property was properly ventilated.

Officers say the householder did the right thing by evacuating the property and dialling 999.

They add that cookers should never be left unattended and food remains shouldn't be allowed to build up on appliances.

More from Isle of Man News