On Air Early Breakfast Chris Williams | 5:00am - 7:30am

Emergency services called to flat fire in Peel

Neighbour helps resident out of property after hearing smoke alarm

Emergency crews were called out to Peel in the early hours of this morning following reports of a flat fire.

After entering the smoke-logged property, a breathing apparatus team found a pan of burnt food left on an electric hob to be the root cause.

The Officer in Chief discovered the resident was lead out of the property by a neighbour who had heard the smoke alarm. 

Crews ventilated the flat and paramedics assessed the resident for smoke inhalation as a precaution.

More from Isle of Man News