On Air Manx Radio Breakfast Ben Hartley & Sian Cowper | 7:30am - 9:30am

Explosion in Douglas this morning

Gas leak thought to have caused blast

A gas leak was the suspected cause of an explosion in Douglas this morning (Fri).

Fire crews were called to a property on Devonshire Road shortly before 12 noon.

The blast occurred in the kitchen, causing damage to its contents and equipment.

A female occupant, who was in another room at the time, was unhurt - and managed to isolate the gas supply minimising further damage.

More from Isle of Man News