On Air Greatest Hits Chris Kinley | 6:30pm - 9:00pm

Fire crews called to boiler fire

Householders are being reminded to make sure their gas or oil boilers are regularly serviced.

It follows a house fire in Onchan yesterday (Sat) which had been caused by a fault on the electrical system of a gas boiler.

Firemen wearing breathing apparatus quickly extinguished the blaze but the house was badly smoke logged and crews had to use fans to clear the property.

All the wiring and circuits on the boiler were completely destroyed and an engineer from Manx Gas had to be called to ensure it was in a safe condition.

Fortunately, the householder had evacuated the house prior to calling fire services and there were no injuries.

 

More from Isle of Man News