Two people treated for effects of smoke inhalation
Fire crews from Douglas were called out to House fire in Glen Vine yesterday evening (Fri 8).
The alarm was raised just before 7pm.
Crews quickly located the fire in the utility room of the house and confirmed that all the residents of the property were accounted for.
Breathing apparatus was used to enter the property and extinguish the blaze using high-pressure hose reels.
Two people were given oxygen and treated for the effects of smoke inhalation by ambulance crews.
The property was checked for hotspots using thermal imaging cameras and ventilated with positive pressure fans.
Crews remained on scene for around an hour.
Members of the public are being reminded if they discover a fire in their property to close the door on a fire, get out, stay out and call the fire service out.