On Air Alex in The Afternoon Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Fire crews called to Ramsey Shoprite

Smoking over causes store to be evacuated

Fire crews were called to the Shoprite store in Ramsey just after 8am today.

A display oven in the store was smoking and staff were evacuated from the building.

Two appliances from Ramsey fire station attended the incident, along with an aerial platform from Douglas.

The smoking unit was isolated and the surrounding area was checked for any spread of fire.

Crews were only in attendance for ten minutes and the shop was re-opened shortly afterwards.

More from Isle of Man News