On Air Night Flight | 1:00AM - 5:00AM

Electrical fault reported as cause of Duke Street incident

Emergency services at the scene in Douglas

An electrical fault is reported to be to blame for an incident in Douglas this morning. 

A number of roads were closed off as fire services dealt with an issue in the Cex currency exchange shop, on Duke Street. These have now reopened.

The building was seen with white smoking coming from the front, which a member of the public is said to have reported. 

Fire services were at the scene, alongside police, who cordoned off the area. 

A number of people and businesses lost power this morning, but Manx Utilities says this was unrelated and was rectified quickly.

John Moss was at the scene this morning:

More from Isle of Man News