On Air Night Flight | Midnight - 5:00am

Fire teams respond to reports of 'explosion' in Douglas

No damage caused to a nearby property

Three fire teams responded to reports of an explosion at a property in Douglas this morning.

Just after 5am, the first crew arrived on Ballaquayle Road, to find the cause to be a chimnea at the rear of the property which exploded due to aerosol containers found within.

Fortunately, no damage was caused to the nearby property.

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service says chimenea's are becoming more popular, and they are generally safe.

It's urging people to follow general safety tips like ensuring it's stable and positioned away from combustible materials and keeping water nearby just in case. 

More from Isle of Man News