On Air Saturday Breakfast Club George Ferguson | 6:00am - 8:30am

Former MHK claims Medical Director 'dismissed' from role

The role is the Island's most senior doctor

A former MHK has told Manx Radio the Isle of Man's medical director has been dismissed from her role.

Dr Rosalind Ranson was appointed in January last year as the Island's most senior doctor.

Evidence she gave to the Public Accounts Committee, where she criticised government's handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, was published this week.

It had been taken in private due to an ongoing employment tribunal. 

You can find more information HERE.

Manx Radio asked government for clarity on her position yesterday (12 August) and was told today: “The Isle of Man Government is unable to comment on individual employment matters.”

Following Mr Robertshaw’s claim it issued a statement saying: "The Department of Health and Social Care can confirm that, despite media reports to the contrary, Dr Rosalind Ranson remains in post and is employed by the Department in her executive leadership role as Medical Director."

Committee member, and former MHK, Chris Robertshaw says it's a sad situation: 

More from Isle of Man News