On Air Early Breakfast Chris Williams | 5:00am - 7:30am

Hamster cage sparks blaze

No animals hurt in fire

Firefighters say they were called to two kitchen blazes in Ramsey on Saturday night, just hours apart from each other.

They say the first happened when a plastic hamster cage on a cooker top caught light when the stove was turned on.

Fortunately, there was no hamster inside the cage, and nobody was seriously hurt.

But two hours later a second fire began when a pan was left unattended on a stove - fire crews spent 15 minutes putting out the flames.

More from Isle of Man News