On Air Goll as Gaccan Phil Gawne | 4:00pm - 6:00pm

House fire in Hillary Road

Importance of smoke alarms highlighted again

Fire services in Douglas were called out to fire in Hillary Road last night (Sun 10th)

The alarm was raised at around 9.45pm after a blaze started in the kitchen of the property.

Fire officers wearing breathing apparatus entered the smoke-logged building and extinguished the flames using high pressure reels.

A fan was then used to ventilate the property.

The occupant suffered slight smoke inhalation and received precautionary treatment from paramedics at the scene.

Members of the public are reminded to ensure they have smoke alarms fitted and working in their properties.

More from Isle of Man News