On Air Alex in The Afternoon Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

House fire in Peel

Electrical fault leads to blaze

Fire crews from Peel station were called out last night following reports of  house fire at Queen Street in Peel.

The alarm was raised just after 10.30pm on Friday.

 

The resident of the property reported a power failure, immediately followed by the smoke alarm sounding.

 

A fire which had started within the electrical box in the hallway of the property had started to spread to the roof space.

 

Crews wearing breathing apparatus isolated the electrical supply before extinguishing flames. The house was then ventilated and a thermal imaging camera used to check for hotspots.

 

There were no injuries reported.

More from Isle of Man News