On Air Holiday Music Kerry Gascoyne | 6:30pm - 8:15pm

Jaks fire investigation to resume this morning

Football fans and diners had to be evacuated from a Douglas bar and restaurant last night (Wed) following a fire at the premises.

It’s expected Jaks on Loch Promenade will be shut for at least a week after the blaze.

More than 20 firefighters helped to deal with the incident, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

 

Station officer Richard Harvey says fire crews, along with engineers, will be back on site this morning (Thurs) to continue assessing the damage.

 

Jaks' staff and directors are thanking emergency services for their help and customers for their messages of support.

Owner Andrew Gibbs says while it’s frustrating, the main thing is no-one was injured.

Manx Utilities Engineers say they don't believe they will need to disconnect power supplies in the area again, so there shouldn't be any further power outages

 

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News