The owners of Jaks Bar and Steak House say they hope to have the business open again this weekend.
Investigations have been continuing today (Thurs) at the popular premises on Loch Prom in Douglas, after 200 customers had to be evacuated from the pub and restaurant last night following a fire in the porch area.
The restaurant stairwell area was damaged but the upstairs Steak House and downstairs bar area were unaffected.
Assistant Divisional Officer with the IOM Fire Service Carl Kinvig says whilst enquiries are on-going, it looks like the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
In a statement, the owners of JAKS say arrangements are being made to provide accommodation for residents of flats above the business and they've paid tribute to the emergency services, staff and customers who remained calm throughout the incident, ensuring there were no injuries.