On Air Saturday Night Party Mark Burrows | 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Ministers dismiss fraudster ties

Two government ministers have categorically denied any links to a campaign manager who admitted committing election fraud at the 2010 Douglas East by-election.

Charles 'Buster' Lewin, who ran Kevin Woodford's ultimately unsuccessful bid to get into the House of Keys, pleaded guilty to the charges at the start of the six-week trial.

While giving evidence, Heritage Homes' managing director, Seamus Nugent, said Mr Lewin had told him he'd previously worked on campaigns for Tim Crookall and Juan Watterson.

With the trial now over, Manx Radio asked the pair - who're now the education minister and home affairs minister respectively - if that was so:

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News