On Air The Morning Show Marc Tyley | 9:30am - Noon

No ethanol-based fuel for the Island

Local suppliers not planning to bring in E10

The Island's main fuel suppliers have no plans to bring E10 to the Isle of Man.

The eco-friendly unleaded is replacing E5 at forecourts across the UK.

However there's concern that cars built before 2011 won't be able to use it.

E10 is 10 per cent plant-based ethanol with the other 90 per cent regular petrol.

Eco-friendly fuel has never been introduced to the Isle of Man by either Ellan Vannin Fuels or Manx Petroleum whose chief executive is Richard Gelder:

More from Isle of Man News