On Air Late Lunch Christy Dehaven & Howard Caine | 1:00pm - 3:00pm

No new rules needed - Social Care Minister.

If you already own a home, you can’t move into a council or commissioners’ house.

So says Social Care Minister Chris Robertshaw after he was quizzed on the issue in the House of Keys this morning.

Onchan MHK Peter Karran asked if he’d bring in new rules to ban property-owners from becoming local authority tenants.

But Mr Robertshaw told him there were already rules barring people from doing just that:

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News