On Air Saturday Night Party Clive McNeil | 5:00PM - 9:00PM

NSC pool re-opening date slides once again

'Significant issues' delaying progress says Cregeen

The minister of education, sport and culture says his department is still unable to provide an opening date for the NSC pool hall.

Graham Cregeen says the £4.2m refurbishment project which began in August last year, has encountered 'significant issues' in the design, manufacture and installation of the flume rides.

However, work elsewhere to the main pool and changing village is 'well advanced'.

The scheme was scheduled to take 9 months with the hope it could be opened after TT in time for the school holidays.

Mr Cregeen, who previously gave an update to the House of Keys in May, now says he is 'acutely aware' of the need to get the facility operational again as soon as possible.

More from Isle of Man News