On Air One to Three Christy Dehaven | 1:00pm - 3:00pm

One person hurt in Port St Mary gas blast



Fire crews from Port Erin and Castletown attended a gas explosion in Port St Mary in the early hours of Sunday morning.

It happened at a property on Victoria Road and involved a gas cooker.

There was extensive damage to the kitchen and lounge area of the property but fortunately no serious injuries.

One person who was in the house at the time received treatment at the scene from paramedics.

Two fire crews from Port Erin and two from Castletown spent around an hour at the scene, isolating the gas supply and working with officials from the Gas Authority to check the premises and neighbouring properties to ensure there was no structural damage or further gas leaks.

Householders are being warned never to leave cookers unattended when in use and ensure that gas appliances are properly installed and regularly serviced by a Gas Safe Registered fitter.









More from Isle of Man News