On Air Time for Brass Ian Cottier | 9:00pm - 10:00pm

Pinewood to continue expansion battle

 

Pinewood Studios says it’ll fight the latest round in a battle over expansion plans in November.

 

The Isle of Man spent around £12 million last year buying just under ten per cent of the studio.

 

Earlier this year, South Buckinghamshire district council turned down a £200 million expansion - the second time the plans had been thrown out.

 

Pinewood chairman Michael Grade vowed to fight the decision – and told the company’s Annual General Meeting a public inquiry will start on November 19.

 

At the meeting yesterday, Lord Grade said the studio complex has had what he called a positive start to the year.

He said he was pleased with all the firm’s revenue streams and the company’s media hub is currently 99 percent full.

The hub is a collection of 250 support companies which are based at the Buckinghamshire site.

Lord Grade said the board is looking forward to the future with confidence – but reiterated the need for expansion.

 

More from Isle of Man News