A plea’s being made to help a Braddan woman and her daughter whose home was severely damaged by fire last week.
According to the Fire and Rescue Service, Arlene Smith's local authority property in Cronkbourne village was set ablaze by a problem with an extractor fan.
The whole house suffered severe smoke damage and the bathroom was gutted, with firefighters taking an hour to deal with the incident.
With virtually all her belongings destroyed, she is hoping help could be at hand as she prepares to move into a new property later today (audio file attached):
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Miss Smith on 321216.
(Image: Braddan Commissioners' logo).