There could be a slow start for some travellers on New Year's Day.
The Steam Packet says the 8.45am Ben-my-Chree sailing to Heysham and its return at 2.15pm is subject to possible cancellation or disruption due to high winds in the Irish Sea.
Weathermen say the south or southwest winds will strengthen to gale force, possibly severe gale force in places tomorrow morning, with gusts of around 60 mph.
A final decision on whether the sailing will take place will be made by the master of the vessel no later than 7am tomorrow (Thurs)
The evening sailing on New Year's Day is currently scheduled to depart on time.