On Air Saturday Live Paul Moran | 12:30pm - 5:00pm

PRoWL still wants public inquiry

The organisation battling over the closure of footpaths at Langness says it can live with a three month mediation period.

Last week, Tynwald debated whether or not to set up a public inquiry into the row between local residents and landowners over the closure.

Two landowners are involved, the most famous being Jeremy Clarkson who says he has closed a path to protect his privacy.

But Public Rights of Way Langness (PRoWL) is criticising some MHKs over their contributions to the debate.

Jason Roberts reports (text, below, from attached audio file):

In a statement, PROWL says it still supports a full public inquiry, or even a simple exchange of written evidence.

The body says further delays in dealing with the issue are regrettable, but it can accept a three month period for further mediation.

So far, the talks will take place between the landowners and the Department of Transport, but PRoWL says it will contribute if asked.

In the meantime, the statement says the organisation will continue to gather evidence that Langness paths have already become highways under Manx law.

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News