On Air Tynwald Day IM1:19 | 1:30pm - 2:00pm

Pup rescued from car blaze

Scruffy and owner safe after fire

Firefighters were called to put out a burning vehicle in Douglas yesterday.

An electrical fault is believed to have caused the blaze, which happened on the Hills Meadow Industrial Estate.

No one was inside the car at the time.

Officers did, however, deliver oxygen mask treatment to the distressed driver at the scene - as well as their dog, Scruffy.

The fire service carries special breathing equipment for pets as standard nowadays, thanks to a donation from local charity Paws for Therapy.

It's understood both owner and beloved pooch emerged from the incident unharmed.

More from Isle of Man News