On Air Night Flight | 1:00am - 6:00am

Reassurance for concerned bus passengers

The minister responsible for the Island's new bus timetable is promising any serious problems will be put right immediately.

Minister for Community, Culture and Leisure David Cretney says he and his officers are responding to a raft of queries about the new bus times, routes and departure points.

Mr Cretney had already given an assurance he would look look again at the revised schedule within three months.

He has declined an invitation to attend a public meeting on the changes, called by North Douglas MHK John Houghton for next Monday.

Instead, he and Director of Public Transport Ian Longworth will be answering questions on Manx Radio's Talking Heads programme that day.

Meanwhile, the minister is apologising for the lack of a school bus in Ramsey on Monday, but says the problem was not related to the timetable changes.

For the first time school buses will be included in a new version of the timetable, due out in three months.

More from Isle of Man News