On Air The Morning Show Marc Tyley | 9:30am - Noon

Reminder to shut internal doors at night

Follows fire at property in Port St Mary

The Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people of the importance of closing doors at night, after being called out to an incident in Port St Mary yesterday morning.

The fire was caused by a candle in a first floor bedroom igniting nearby combustible materials.

But as internal doors in the property were shut, fire and smoke damage was confined to the room of origin, with the remainder of the property left reasonably unscathed.

More from Isle of Man News