On Air Sunday Night Chill Out Chris Pearson | 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Sexual offences order may need review

Man sentenced in 2009 has moved to Douglas

A decade-old court order to prevent a 72-year-old man from committing sexual offences may have to be reviewed, a court's heard.

 

Anthony William Gray of Ballanard Road appeared before magistrates at Douglas courthouse.

 

He faces one allegation of breaching a Sexual Offences Prevention Order in October last year.

 

But prosecution advocate Rachael Braidwood told the hearing she felt the order itself might need updating.

 

Mrs Braidwood said she'd reviewed the order, which had originally been imposed by High Bailiff Michael Moyle in June 2009.

 

She said at the time Mr Gray had lived in Ramsey but had since moved to Douglas, and a number of references in the order were outdated.

 

Magistrates agreed to adjourn the case while the document could be reviewed.

 

Mr Gray is due to appear in court again on 5 March.

More from Isle of Man News