On Air Feel Good Friday Chris Quirk | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Cats safe after house fire

Picture credit: Google

Smoggy moggies plucked from burning home

Several kittens had to be rescued yesterday (Sat) after a fire broke out at a house in Douglas.

Firefighters were called to the property in Harcroft Road around 2.30pm.

No people were inside at the time, but crews managed to retrieve a number of feline victims from inside.

The blaze was found to have been caused by a cooking hob.

Fortunately, the animals were said to be 'none the worse for their ordeal'.

More from Isle of Man News