The Isle of Man Fire & Rescue Service is again urging people to fit smoke alarms, or make sure the ones thay have are properly maintained, after a blaze at a house in Douglas today.
Crews were called to the property in Marathon Drive at 12.30pm and tackled the fire in a bedroom.
Residents had been alerted by a smell of burning and found smoke coming from the room.
It's thought the fire may have been started by candles which had been lit and left unattended, which is something the fire service is also warning people not to do.
The officers managed to put out the blaze and clear the property of smoke in about ten minutes.