On Air Night Flight | Midnight - 6:00am

Smoke alarms save lives

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service is again reminding people of the importance of smoke alarms, following an incident in Onchan.

A householder was asleep in the lounge of a property and was woken when a fire triggered an alarm in the room.

He escaped through a window and was later treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Firemen extinguished the small blaze and damage was limited to the lounge area.

Fire Safety officers say it demonstrates yet again how a simple alarm can save lives and property.

The incident happened in Fairfield Avenue in the early hours of yesterday morning.

More from Isle of Man News