On Air Saturday Night Party Mark Burrows | 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Strike still on - but there may be movement

There may be a glimmer of optimism in the on-going bus dispute.

On Mandate this morning the National Officer for passenger transport from UNITE, Bobby Morton, said the Department of Community, Culture and Leisure "have got" the drivers' paid lunchbreak - but now wanted further cuts.

Chief Executive of the Department, Nick Black, reacted with surprise to the comment, saying he thought it could be positive news as the issue had been all about the £300, 000 cost of the lunchbreaks and if their loss was accepted he would now be getting back in touch with the industrial relations officer to accept that.

Mr Morton says the contract which was imposed on his members last October removed the paid lunchbreak, which was why he had made the reference.

However, he will be back on the Island next week and remains optimistic there could be some movement



Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News