Afternoon sailing likely to be put back
The Ben-my-Chree was delayed leaving Douglas this morning.
The Steam Packet says a combination of high pressure and wind direction means the tide in Heysham has been reduced by around half a metre.
This means the Ben cannot arrive in Heysham until 3pm.
As a result of this, the Master has took the decision to delay the departure from Douglas until 11.15am.
Passengers were informed and offered complimentary refreshments.
The 4pm sailing this afternoon is likely to be delayed by around 30 minutes, but this evening’s departure should not be affected.