On Air Afternoon Holiday Music Christy Dehaven | 2:00pm - 6:00pm

Toaster sparks breakfast blaze

Damage limited by firefighters

Some Douglas residents had a lucky escape yesterday, after their toaster caught fire.

Emergency services were called to the property in Port E Chee avenue shortly before midday, where they discovered the burning appliance in a smoke-filled kitchen.

With the aid of breathing equipment, officers were able to extinguish the flames before they engulfed the room.

They say damage was limited to the toaster and sideboard.

The Fire and Resuce Service is warning homeowners never to leave their appliances unattended, and keep them well away from flammable items such as curtains and tea towels.

More from Isle of Man News