Work has resumed on the Tower of Refuge in Douglas Bay.
Sir William Hillary's triangular tower will be floodlit early in the morning and in the evening to help that process.
A year ago some initial works were carried out on the slipway after the Department of Transport took on responsibility for the structure.
It was built in the 1830's and the heavy seas had at last started taking their toll. Some of the cementing on the facing rocks had been washed away (pictured). That was repaired temporarily but this year it's hoped to provide a more permanent solution.
A suitable landing stage is being built and scaffolding will be erected round the tower for much of the year.
It's also been suggested that up-lighting might be preferable to the present fairy lights.