On Air One to Three Christy Dehaven | 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Unattended pan caused flat fire

Firefighters are warning people about leaving pans on cookers, after a fire at a flat in Castletown.

The blaze broke out on Friday lunchtime, when a postman reported smelling smoke at the property in James Road, Janet's Corner.

Fire crews and police entered the flat, which was empty, and found a pan on the cooker which had smokelogged the interior.

The Fire and Rescue Service says cooking pans should never be left unattended on a stove.

More from Isle of Man News