On Air Manx Radio Update Andy Wint | 5:30pm - 6:00pm

Victoria Road school fire

There was a fire at Victoria Road School in Castletown this morning.

It happened around 9.30am in a mobile classroom used as the school's nursery, when there was a blaze in the kitchen area.

All the children were safely evacuated from the area and fire crews wearing breathing apparatus used hoses and dry powder extinguishers to put out the flames.

There was fire damage to a microwave oven and slight smoke logging of the room.

Crews remained at the scene for half an hour.

The school remains open.



More from Isle of Man News