On Air Greatest Hits Chris Kinley | 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Warning to smokers after house fire

Firefighters spent an hour and a half tackling a house fire in Willaston.

The blaze broke out at a home in Tynwald Road shortly before 9.30pm yesterday, and two fire engines were sent to the incident.

A bedroom at the property was well alight when the crews arrived, although all the occupants were alerted by smoke alarms and made their way to safety.

The Fire and Rescue Service says the blaze was probably caused by smoking materials, and are reminding people to make sure all cigarettes are properly put out.

More from Isle of Man News