On Air Manx Radio Breakfast Ben Hartley & Sian Cowper | 7:30am - 9:30am

Warnings after two house fires

A poorly placed toaster has caused a fire at a Glen Vine house.

Crews were called in from Douglas to put out the kitchen fire at The Crofts.

Afterwards a spokesman said people should be concious of where they put their toasters on worktops, to keep them clear of the underside of wall mounted cupboards and clear of wall mounted gas boilers.

In Peel, there were no smoke alarms in a house in Christian Street, where fire broke out after a pan had been left unattended in a kitchen.

There was severe fire damage to the kitchen and upstairs in the bedroom where the fire had spread. The whole home was smoke logged.

The occupant, a woman, got out in time but needed treatment for smoke inhalation.

More from Isle of Man News