Storm Frank on the way
The Steam Packet Company says this afternoon’s Ben-my-Chree sailing will be brought forward as Storm Frank threatens the British Isles.
Although the worst of the weather’s not expected to wash over the Island until later this afternoon, the Ben’s Heysham to Douglas trip at 2.15pm will depart an hour earlier.
A decision on her sailings later today is expected to be made by 5pm.
Today, strong winds this afternoon will get stronger into the early hours of tomorrow with gusts of up to 70mph expected.
The Met Office says that could be enough to cause some minor damage around the Island – and there are also flood warnings with torrential rain expected this evening.
There's also a warning about waves washing onto exposed roads during high tides today, with the first shortly before 2pm.