A woman has been taken to hospital after a house fire at Ballamillaghyn this morning (Saturday).
Fire crews were called to the property in Mount Rule, Braddan, just before 6am.
They were met by the woman who had called emergency services after hearing what she described as an explosion.
Firefighters using breathing apparatus entered the property and put out the blaze which was confined to the kitchen area.
The woman was treated for smoke inhalation and later admitted to Nobles Hospital.
The property suffered extensive smoke and heat damage.
Fire crews left the scene around 7.15am.
Officers say the incident once again underlines the importance of having working smoke alarms in your house.