On Air Saturday Night Live Mike Reynolds | 10:00pm - 1:00am

Candidate not impressed by current MHKs


A candidate for next month's general election in the constituency of Malew and Santon says he has put himself forward because he feels the current crop of politicians don't know what they are doing.

Twenty-nine-year-old Gareth Kelly says now is the right time for him to try and enter politics, as he is young enough to know what the youth of the Isle of Man wants, but also mature enough to understand the needs of the those older than him.

On Manx Radio's Talking Heads today (Friday), Mr Kelly said his own life experience would help in the present economically straitened times (listen to audio file below):

Two other candidates have so far declared their intention to contest the single-seat constituency of Malew and Santon, namely sitting member Graham Cregeen and John Hanson.

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man Sport