On Air Greatest Hits Chris Kinley | 6:30pm - 9:00pm

Conor told 'no more racing in 2010'

It's been confirmed that local TT star Conor Cummins won't be racing again this season.

The 'Ramsey Rocket' was seriously hurt when he came off his McAdoo Kawasaki at the Verandah, during Friday's Senior TT.

He suffered back injuries, a broken arm, a dislocated knee and bruising to his lungs.

Conor is praising the marshals and medics who helped him at the scene of his accident and is thanking all of the staff in the Accident and Emergency Ward at Noble's Hospital.

He says his treatment there has been 'brilliant'.

He is also thanking members of the public for their kind messages of support and the people, including children, who have sent him toys as gifts.

Meanwhile, another popular rider who was injured in the Senior TT should be going home shortly.

Guy Martin, who received spinal and lung injuries in a high speed incident at Ballagarey, is expected to be discharged today or tomorrow.

Karsten Schmidt, who was as injured earlier in the week, has been transferred to a hospital in Germany, sidecar passenger Joseph Shardlow is described as 'comfortable and improving', and Pete Alton requires further treatment on a leg injury.

More from Isle of Man Sport