Mountain Bike relay last of 2020
Next weekend (13 Dec) will see the final round of Cycle 360's 2020 Plantation Series take place.
The all-for-fun-relay event is a cross country mountain bike race, where pairs complete laps around a course in South Barrule.
Each rider takes on one lap before tagging their teammate and handing over the wrist band timing chip.
Each lap will take approximately 10 minutes to complete, and the idea is to complete as many laps as possible within an allotted 1-hour time period, but this time in a team of two.
How it will work:
- Enter individually or as a team via RiderHQ, making a note in your entry who is in your team, alternatively, we’ll pick your partner/teammate for you
[Please note if you’re not a TLI member (insurance) you will need to enter at the Cycle 360 bikeshop and pick up a form as they’ve stopped administering entries for the rest of 2020]
- A team for the relay is made up of a minimum and maximum of two people.
- Riders can go in any order at the start, but you must keep to that order for the entire race (no doubling up on laps!)
- Once completing a lap, you will swap your wrist timing chip with your teammate and head out on another lap.
- You keep going until your one hour allotted time is up. That means, if you or your teammate get through for another lap at 59:59, you can still get another lap in!
More information can be found here.