Honda Racing UK confirms rider withdrawn after NW200 injury
Nathan Harrison will not take part in this year's TT races.
Honda Racing UK says the decision has been taken to withdraw the Onchan rider as a result of injuries sustained in his crash at the North West 200.
As a result, the team will now run as a single-entry team for this year's TT with John McGuinness.
In a statement, Honda says Harrison suffered a broken right collarbone, hairline fracture to his left radius and was knocked unconscious in the opening Superstock race at the North West 200 and due to his concussion, surgery couldn't take place until Wednesday, 18 May.
Despite efforts, the outfit says the decision is that Harrison is not fit to ride at this year's event 'given the limited time since his surgery to recover', adding 'the decision was made with Nathan's health as a priority'.
Harrison himself has also put out a statement, saying:
"I am obviously gutted to be missing my first race for Honda Racing UK at the TT, but in reality, this is the best decision for my health and safety, and for my future career.
"If I rushed things then raced and caused further damage or went slow and finished outside the top 15 I wouldn't be doing myself justice.
"I want to race at the TT 100% fit and healthy and achieve results that I know I am capable of.
"Thank you to Honda for the opportunity and for everything they have done up to this point. I look forward to continuing to build from here as the year progresses when I get back to full fitness.
"My TT 2024 preparations being now!"
Harrison made his TT debut last year with some strong performances including finishing 10th in the Senior race and finishing 12th in the Superbike race.