The Manx government will continue to assess renewable energy options for the Isle of Man, even though the search for a company to build the first onshore wind farm has been put on hold.
That reassurance has come from Environment Minister John Shimmin, after he told Tynwald the process of seeking tenders for the project had been halted for twelve months.
Mr Shimmin says more time is needed to consider the viability of different 'green' energy projects.
With a general election due in September, the minister says any major new project will have to be agreed by the next administration, but renewable energy remains high on the Island's agenda:
Story uploaded to manxradio.com on January 19, 2011.