Drug mixture proved fatal, court hears
A verdict of accidental death has been reached at the inquest of a Ramsey woman.
29-year-old Lana Jacqueline Fuller died at her home in Queens Pier Road on June 14 last year.
Toxicology reports showed she had a number of drugs in her system including pregabalin, methadone and diazepam.
After hearing two days of evidence, coroner Jayne Hughes told the court Mrs Fuller's death arose as an unintended consequence of taking methadone and pregabalin over and above what was prescribed to her.
Mrs Fuller had a long history of drug abuse, having previously battled a heroin addiction.
She was taking prescribed methadone and having regular meetings with the drug and alcohol team as a result.
Her husband revealed two days before her death he’d found her lying on her back choking on her own saliva.
An email he sent to the Isle of Man ambulance service the night before Mrs Fuller's death was lost in the system.
The court heard the email service was meant for general inquiries and not for seeking medical help.