On Air The Afternoon Show Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Chip pan blamed for house fire

 

A chip pan is being blamed for a blaze in Douglas on Friday night.

Fire crews were called to a property on Circular Road just after 6pm.

The house was smoke logged and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using a thermal imaging camera entered the building.

They found a chip pan, which had been left on the hob in the kitchen, started the fire.

The house was fitted with smoke alarms, and the occupants had been able to respond quickly to them going off.

The public is being reminded to regularly check alarms.

The importance of keeping internal doors closed at night or while the property is empty to prevent the passage of smoke is also being highlighted.

 

More from Isle of Man News