Public reminded to check smoke alarms
Crews from Douglas Fire Station were called to a property fire in Woodlands View this afternoon.
Two appliances and a duty officer attended.
When crews arrived the fire was confined to the lounge and all people had safely left the house.
Station Officer Gareth Gawne says the fire was quickly extinguished before the property was ventilated.
One person received treatment from paramedics for smoke inhalation.
The Fire & Rescue Service is reminding people to make sure smoke alarms are installed and maintained.