The death of Ramsey man was due to a combination of heroin, methadone and alcohol, an inquest has heard.
Thirty-seven-year-old Kieron Gerald Hughes, an unemployed plumber, died on July 10 last year after a day of heavy alcohol and drug consumption.
His death has been recorded as misadventure.
The inquest heard Mr Hughes, along with Sarah Tarrant, were at Lee Watterson’s flat in Rectory Court, St Paul’s Square when they decided to inject heroin.
The Class A drug was in Mr Hughes's possession, and the three shared a large amount between them.
Post-mortem toxicology reports revealed a blood-alcohol level of over 3 times the driving limit, and a heroin consumption of over 400 microgrammes per litre.
Coroner of Inquests John Needham ruled a verdict of misadventure, saying the high level of alcohol, heroin and illicit methadone proved to be fatal.
In his conclusion, Mr Needham thanked the family for acting in a ‘proper manner’ throughout the inquest, and said Mr Hughes was a devoted father who would be a great loss to his family.