On Air The Morning Show Marc Tyley | 9:30am - Noon

Faulty charger causes fire at school

Fire officers urge everyone to check chargers

Fire crews from Ramsey were called to reports of a fire at Bunscoill Rhumsaa yesterday afternoon.

When they got there, they found the fire was confined to a cardboard box in an unoccupied classroom and was extinguished by staff before they got there.

The cause was found to be a faulty charger which had fallen into a cardboard box.

Fire officers spent 30 minutes at the school and vented the classroom.

The fire service is urging everyone to make sure any chargers they have are in good working order, adding that when it comes to replacing them, cheapest isn't always best.

More from Isle of Man News